Candidates are admitted based on their performance in their HSC (+2) examination/ qualifying examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu state Government and through counseling (CENTAC) conducted by Pondicherry university, Puducherry. Candidates intending to avail Management Quota seats may come in person to the college campus (as per the Government norms).
Applications for admission to UG courses along with the prospectusare available at
Sri Ganesh College of Engineering & Technology, Cuddalore Pondy Main Raod, Mullodai, Puducherry - 607 402
HSC (Academic & Vocational) Candidates:
Eligibility - Minimum requirements for admission to B.E. Programmes are:
|Category||Percentage of Marks||No.of Attempts|
|General Category||Minimum Average 45% and above in Math's, Physics and Chemistry||2|
|Backward||Minimum Average 40% and above in Math's, Physics and Chemistry||2|
|Most Backward||Minimum Average 40% and above in Math's, Physics and Chemistry||2|
|SC/SCA/ST||Minimum Average 40% and above in Math's, Physics and Chemistry||3|
The following certificates to be submitted to the college office at time of admission:
● SSLC Mark sheet
● HSC Mark sheet
● Transfer Certificate
● Conduct Certificatep
● Community Certificate
● Provisional Certificate for Lateral Entry Students (Diploma &B.Sc)
● Provisional Certificate for PG Courses (B.E) Degree Mark Lists & Degree Certificate for PG Courses
● Nativity Certificate for other state candidates
● Income Certificate for those who wish to avail scholarships
● Recent Passport Size photo & Stamp Size photo (6 each)
1. What is the medium of instruction in the class?
2. What are the eligibility requirements for admission?
Please refer to the Admissions page.
3. When can I apply?
Students can start registering from the 1st week of April.
4. How to register and from where do I get the application?
Students can get the application through the Admissions/ Online Enquiry Form page or contact the Administrative Office.
5. How do I send the application and required documents?
Hard Copies of the ﬁlled-in online application form may be sent along with copies of relevant certiﬁcates to 'Admission Counsellor', Sri Ganesh College of Engineering ,Cuddalore Pondy Main Road, Mullodai, Puducherry - 607 402, India.
6. Can I apply before the class 12 results?
Yes. You can apply with available documents for preliminary registration.
7. Where is Sri Ganesh College of Engineering located?
The College is situated in Mullodai near Kanniakoil at the following address:
Cuddalore Pondy Main Road, Mullodai - Bahour Road, Kanniakoil, Puducherry - 607 402, India.
Telephone: 0413-2616300 , 0413-2616305, +91-9442592340/9442592330
8. What type of hostel accommodation do you provide to students?
Separate accommodation for Boys and Girls are provided. The hostel has a mess that also operates during college hours.
9. Do you have internet facilities at the college?
Yes, internet and Wi-Fi facilities are available.
10. What are the scholarship schemes available?
All Scholarships supported by the Government are facilitated. Also Refer Scholarships Section for Merit Scholarships.
11. Will the documents for Bank Loans be given?
Yes, documents for Bank Loans will be issued after the conﬁrmation of the admission.
12. How are the placement opportunities provided to the students?
The College provides excellent training and Placement. Minuimum 95% Placement is achieved by the college.
13. Does your college have clubs?
The Student Forum is an active force in the college. The students elect the President, Vice President, Cultural Secretary and Sports Secretary, every year.
14. Is Ragging Prohibited in your college?
Ragging of any kind is strictly prohibited in the institution. As per the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, if any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authorities, the concerned student will be given a chance to explain and if his explanation is not found satisfactory, he or she will be expelled from the institution.
Lateral Entry Candidates:
Qualifying Examination: Diploma Candidates:
A pass with prescribed minimum eligibility marks in any one of the Diploma in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology of the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu / equivalent prescribed for admission to the Degree Course.
A pass with prescribed minimum eligibility marks in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Science of minimum 3 years duration with 10+2+3 year’s pattern and studied Mathematics as one of the core subjects at degree level.
Note: Candidates with Degree other than Bachelor of Science are not eligible.
Minimum Eligibility Marks:
Both Diploma and B.Sc. qualified candidates have to obtain the following minimum eligibility marks for admission to Lateral Entry as prescribed in G.O. (Ms.) No.263, Higher Education (J2) Department, dated: 30.6.2008 and as per directions issued in Government Letter No.5464 / J1 / 2011-1, Higher Education Department, dated:4.7.2011.